I know. I am terrible at showing off house progress. So much has happened, and I’m sure I will forget half of it. It’s so strange to look back at photos from when we first moved in.
Kitchen + back porch then:
What we’ve done:
Ripped up laminate flooring; patched + refinished original hardwoods
Painted cabinets; replaced hardware
Removed dropped ceiling + lighting; installed new ceiling, recessed lighting, and two pendants over the sink
Installed new butcher block counter tops
New refrigerator; new microwave
New cast iron sink + faucet + backsplash
What we plan to do:
Hang art [we’re thinking of framing some of Elliot’s finger paintings to add color]
Drywall the back porch
Install new windows on the back porch
Install countertop over the washer + dryer
Build personal cubbies for our bags, shoes, coats, etc. on the back porch.
Remove the door separating the kitchen + back porch
New back door
Possibly re-do the kitchen again. We aren’t sure exactly how long we’ll be in this house. We feel like we need to be absolutely sure we’re staying for a long time before sinking a ton of money in the kitchen. Current thoughts: kitchen probably won’t be happening. We hate humidity.
Errands, errands, errands.
Errands = my weekend.
D and I ran early Saturday morning with Elliot… the run was executed very poorly, but we did get coffee at Summit and breakfast from the Root Down food truck, so I can’t be overly negative.
Then, we ran errands: Paper Skyscraper, MC3 [D got his hair cut], Great Harvest [lunch], Carolina Community Maternity Center [donated milk], The Baby Grocery Store [overnight cloth diapers for Elliot], Walmart [ugh, desperate attempt for borax…], and Earth Fare [groceries for the week].
I went to bed suuuuper early on Saturday night, but I had another early run on Sunday morning in Davidson [with the Lake Norman Moms group]. I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house and loving this girl.
She is so cute and getting so much hair. Much less fuzz.
Oh, and D installed this.
Um, yeah, we put plastic on our door to fend off Lily’s mud and scratches. So ridiculous.
TGIF. So much to do this weekend!
- Elliot is really cute. Like, so cute it hurts and makes me want another baby. Sweetest bald little head ever.
- Elliot got some new clothes this week from Skippy [my mom]. We are waiting on more that have been ordered. Love miniBoden, Tea Collection, and lots of small shops. Obsessed with LittleHipSqueaks and waiting on our first order from there [two pairs of ultraskinny leggings].
- I really need to give an update on the house: before, after, and next steps. I know that. It’s in the works. Oh, look, Elliot’s nursery! Whoops, that has been done for a while now. [photo: The Beautiful Mess]
- A large part of my job entails creating and documenting processes. I have a HUGE one to wrap up this week, and I am procrastinating big time [thus the posting?]. Umm sorry that using something called “rational system architect” sounds like a real drag.
- I’m going to my first La Leche League meeting on Saturday. I’ve been meaning to go since I was pregnant, and it probably would have been super helpful back then. Even though we aren’t having any breastfeeding issues, I feel like I want to go to be supportive. I’m sure I will still get something out of it. I guess it is never too late!
That is all.
Filed under Baby, [Personal]
Let’s be real. Anthropologie has some great stuff. They also have some ridiculously priced stuff [read: $1250 set of Shime Garden Tools]. WHAT?!
Luckily, they also have great sales.
Bocce Ball Set / Backyard Chicken Coop / Flamingo Repeat Shift / Lacy Outlook Tee / Triple Bow Dress
I’m literally dyyyyying to buy the flamingo dress. Seriously. Dying. Unfortunately it is kind of impossible to feed Elliot while wearing it, and I plan to be feeding Elliot for a really long time. I’m trying to rationalize this purchase.
Since I’m kind of busy, I try to be as efficient as possible.
I like being informed. I want to know what is happening in the world. I do NOT want to watch TV all night long, and if I do watch TV, I better be seeing some Dexter and not repeats on channel 9.
A daily newsletter that gives me the low down. And links to other articles in case I want to read more. Jackpot.
Go. Sign up.
Okay, who am I kidding? This is a life recap.
Life with a baby is busy, and when Elliot is awake, I try to be present with her as much as possible…
So, the weekend.
D, Elliot, Lily, and I went to Oak Island for the weekend with my parents. This was a reminder we don’t get to the beach house nearly as much as we should.
The weekend consisted of
beach time with daddy
shopping in Southport / dinner at Provisions
annnndddd more beach time / napping
As for the rest of life…
- I’m at Lowe’s, Elliot is at The Goddard School, and we are both dealing with it. She takes a bottle now, but only at school.
- D, Elliot, and I took a short vacation to Richmond, Philadelphia, Burlington (VT), Lake Placid, Gloversville (NY), and NYC. Photos on the Facebook.
- We are on a time out from house reno, but we need to get on some things. Update on the house to come.
- Elliot’s favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? It makes her grin every. single. time.
- I am now a placenta encapsulation specialist and working with an awesome group at Wombmart. Basically I dehydrate placentas and create pills for postpartum use. More to come on this one, but the bottom line is that I think education around natural birth/living is super important.
Filed under Baby, [Personal]